Cypress Baptist Church is home to a vibrant Senior Adult Ministry offering many opportunities for fellowship, growth in the Lord, service and fun. Below are a few examples of the ways that you can connect and get involved in this active ministry:
PROGRAMS & CLASSES
- Senior Adult Choir - The CBC Senior Adult Choir is a community outreach program. This group sings at nursing homes each month followed by a fellowship luncheon for the choir. Practices are held at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesdays, and a "Choir News" sheet with updates about senior adult activities is provided each week to participants.
- Senior Adult Sunday School Classes - Bible study classes for senior adults are offered on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. Don't miss the opportunity to stay grounded in God's word each week.
- B.A.L.L. Club - Be Active, Live Longer! This is a community-wide club that meets on the second Tuesday of each month. Enjoy a covered dish lunch, interesting and timely guest speakers and an ever growing fellowship.
- AARP Driver Safety Training Program - This program is offered several times a year to encourage enhanced driver awareness. Participants in this fun refresher course are eligible for an insurance discount upon program completion.
- Senior Adult Vacation Bible School - This is a weeklong program offered each summer. Enjoy a complimentary meal, fun fellowship, guest pastors, musicians and more during this annual program.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
- Senior Adult Trips - Bon Voyage! Join us for day trips and extended trips planned each year for our senior adults. Whether it's making a day trip to the Monroe area to visit museums and purchase Ruston peaches or an extended trip to Yellowstone National Park or New York City, a good time is had by all.
- Senior Adult Game Day - Take part in Senior Adult Game Day held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 12:30p.m. Lunch is provided on the first Thursday to mark the beginning of a new month, so come at 12:30 p.m. and enjoy a bite to eat before the games begin.
- May-Him - Don't miss this annual event held in May. Senior adult choirs from the area join together at Camp Bethany for this special parade of choirs.
- 50th Plus Wedding Celebration - Wedding vows are sacred. This periodic special event honors those couples that have enjoyed 50 years or more of Christian marriage.
- Senior Adult Recognition Sunday - This event honors Senior Adults and the difference they make in our church. This celebration is usually held the first Sunday in May and features a luncheon, messages for our seniors and special music.
SERVICE & SUPPORT
- Sunday Afternoon Visitation - This service ministry provides outreach to prospective church members in order to encourage them to know Christ and to become a part of the fellowship at CBC. Participants meet at 4:00 p.m. in the Chapel to help us spread the word of God in our community and our world.
- Hospital Visitation - Senior Adult Minister Tommy Patton visits area hospitals to check on church members and their family members that have been hospitalized. This ministry is also extended to visitors when friends or family contact the church to request hospital visitation for an out of town guest.
- Grief Recovery - Don't go it alone. It's important to have a loss recognized and to have the opportunity to bond with others going through the grief process. The Grief Recovery program is offered twice each year to assist Senior Adults in adjusting to the loss of friends or family.
- Homebound Visitation - When members can no longer come to church, our church goes to them. Whether it's delivering a pumpkin in the fall, a Poinsettia at Christmas, or an Easter Lily in the spring, we help our homebound members experience warm fellowship and changing of the seasons at our church and to know they are not forgotten.
- Bus Ministry - Can't drive any longer? No problem. We provide handicap accessible bus transportation to church for members that can no longer drive but are physically able to join us in on-site worship.